[OM] Re: 135mm macro lens and duty

Subject: [OM] Re: 135mm macro lens and duty
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:45:55 -0000
Thanks to all who offered sympathy, future help, and advice. When I got home
from work and opened the lens package I was VERY relieved.  The lens and
vario tubes are virtually mint! The only signs of use are minute marking on
the mounts. The seller has restored my faith. He e-mailed to point out a
mistake he had made in the descripion, stating that he would understand if I
pulled out. I e-mailed him regarding the tube illustrated with the lens and
he stated he was happy to sell  it in the package. I was suprised  to get
the deal at the finishing price.
               Even with the extra charges...£15.50 customs duty, £43.25
customs VAT, and £7.75 to have it delivered by good old parcel force when
full postage had already been paid I feel I have a good deal, especially as
I can sell the vario tube on.
             Just make sure if you live in the UK you factor +30% to sales
from USA. Regards,  John Duggan, Wales, UK....The hairy angler