Re: [OM] Zuiko 24mm/2,8, tempting offe, but no silvernose...

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 24mm/2,8, tempting offe, but no silvernose...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:31:15 -0800
Hi, my local camerashop who never got any Zuiko wide-angles now suddenly got three Zuiko 24mm/2,8 with serials from about 120000 to 140000. They all looked more or less the same, no silvernose :-( but they were reasonably priced ($140 each)

Snap one up.  It is a wonderful lens.

Regarding the 24/2,8 - is it usable wide open (I've read Reese's lenstest already).

But of course. Even better than a silver nose because the multi-coating controls flare much better.

In the same store I saw some 50mm/1,8 with "made in Japan" engraved in the front of the lens, I think they were pretty new models, but the aperture-ring felt a lot like plastic on all of them and was not silky smooth like it is on my silvernosed 50/1,8 and 50/1,4.

That may be, but the "made in Japan" model has a well deserved reputation for sharpness and image quality.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California