RE: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4

Subject: RE: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:50:00 +1100
> Diego Sierralta [mailto:cachuu@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I am looking at a 50/1.4 on *bay with SN 735xxx. Currently at
> $5.99 it hasn´t had any bidders in 2 days. Is it really that
> bad compared to a 1.8 made in japan?

Firstly, I have no comparison, as I only have a SN 6xxxxx 50/1.4
lens, but I do *not* find it abhorent at all. As I say elsewhere,
it goes everywhere with me. Around that price, depending on its
condition, I'd snap it up! Hey, if it turns out you don't like
it, you've lost a few of rolls film worth and that's if you
don't sell it yourself. Saying that, the 50 1.8's are fairly
cheap too, so if you can find one of them instead...

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz