Re: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:50:30 -0800 (PST)
The best 50/1.4's are SN above 1 million, but that
serial number is quite respecable. Below 500,000 or
silvernosed it is a real hit and miss type of thing
though many examples are terribly soft wide open and
hard to focus for this. Sivernosed Zuikos in general
are the earlies ones and many a single coated. In many
cases the only difference you will see is that the
Silvernosed ones might have more flare but some
silvernosed like the 50/1.4, 28/3.5, and 50/3.5 are
have 'peculiarities' about them that makes them less
reliable than later black nosed Zuikos.

Mark Lloyd