[OM] Re: OM] Zuiko 24mm/2,8, tempting offe, but no silvernose...

Subject: [OM] Re: OM] Zuiko 24mm/2,8, tempting offe, but no silvernose...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:47:44 -0800 (PST)
>I really like the silvenosed versions though, what I want to
>know is if the silvernosed versions are different than the
>black ones?
>What would be a reasonably price for a silvernosed version if
>the quality are similar.

There is going to be some serious nashing of teeth when half the
list reads this, but I'm going to recommend that you go for the
black-nosed version of the 24/2.8 instead of a silvernosed
version--provided it is multi-coated.

The silvernosed version of the 24/2.8 is rather pedestrian in
several areas.  It is quite flare-prone and not as sharp as
later versions.  I don't know how much correction was done in
later versions, but my silvernosed 24/2.8 has horrible barrel
distortion.

Now, when it comes to either the 35/2.8 or 100/2.8, there is no
question.  Silvernoses rule!

AG-Schnozz