[OM] Fixing filter?

Subject: [OM] Fixing filter?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:47:05 -0700
 I've got a B+W circular polariser I acquired in a box of bits -- it's in
fine condition as far as the glass goes, but the glass itself rattles in the
filter. Checking, it will rotate relative to the filter ring, which is a bit
annoying for a polariser.. it doesn't seem to do it under normal
circumstances, but I'm still a bit wary.

 What's the best way to fix this? I'm tempted to just put a tiny blob of
epoxy somewhere along the edge; that'd be thick enough that it shouldn't
drip over the rest of the filter and mess things up -- would white
glue/cyanoacrylate be a better bet? There's also the option of wedging a
little shim of something in there to keep it tight; that's less permanent,
but I'm not sure what I could use that'd be small enough.

 Any other suggestions I'm missing?

 thanks,

 -- dan