[OM] [ot] ultra compact camera case recs?

Subject: [OM] [ot] ultra compact camera case recs?
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:18:53 -0800
i'm looking for user opinions on ultra compact camera cases for ult. com.
digicam (c@n0n S330 if you care; bought it for my parents this spring, now time
to get case, more mem, battery). two that are in my mind right now are the
LowePro D-RES 8S

http://lowepro.com/pages/series/dres/dres8s.htm

space for CF + batts

amd Tamrac 5688 or 5690

http://www.tamrac.com/5688.htm

http://www.tamrac.com/5690.htm

the former has just enough space for a CF card, the latter for CF + batts.

Since the camera will have a huge CF card, space for that isn't a big issue,
but battery space is.

Are there any other options? for such an elegant little digicam, the cases sure
are *ugly*. if anyone know where i can get a decent looking case, please let me
know. Canon's offering is even duller, and Henry's in Canada has
leather cases but no space for battery in there :( A hard or semi hard case
would be nice, anything really, as long as it isn't gaudy. Samsonite doesn't
seem to have any offering, neither does Domke.

So, i'd appreciate: 1) user input if you have aforementioned bags or 2)
pointers to find a better option elsewhere.

/S
--
"We apologise for the inconvenience."