Re: [OM] 50mm f2 vs 3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm f2 vs 3.5
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:11:15 -0800
I lust after the 50mm f2, but was wondering, does it's cheaper f3.5 brother give as sharp of an image?

I've read about the f2, it's legendary, but I don't know much about the 3.5.

Someone enlighten me.

Albert

I think that my understanding of the Olympus strategy will help to understand. They decided to initially come out with a compact system that equaled or bettered any one else's system for quality of image. The second phase was to come out with lenses that would wow everyone by pushing the envelope not only for quality, but especially for speed. Size was secondary. The 3.5 was first phase and was of the highest quality, but about as fast as anyone else's at the time.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California