Re: [OM] Cameras as cars

Subject: Re: [OM] Cameras as cars
From: owl_luvr <owl-luvr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:47:31 -0500
Not to be a heretic, but then, what would a Nikon be, as a car? (I'm trying to decide between buying the Oly C4000 and a Nikon Coolpix 4500, FWIW.)

owl_luvr

On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 03:32 AM, Albert wrote:

Oh,

I'm with Marc on this one. Subaru, they never quite did anything like everybody else.

The WRX smokes most BMW 3 series, and at half the price!! Kind of like a OM vs. Contax. I wanted a car with AWD because it's superior to anything else as far as safety features; I considered a Subaru, but ended up with an Audi A4 Quattro.

What in the camera world is an Audi??  What else is German?

Audi = Hasselblad? No... Hasselblad is Swedish, so a Hasselblad is a Volvo... or Saab.

Tokina = Lexus by the way.

Tokina engineers are ex-N*kon engineers who wanted to do things a little different, and so started up their own company. They are the other Toyota, like Lexus.

I got it!!  Audi = Rollie!