[OM] ( OM ) MTF of two OM-fit macros compared

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) MTF of two OM-fit macros compared
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:23:24 +1300
Hi folks

A few months back I bought a  Panagor 55/2.8 OM-fit macro that will do 1:1.

I had been very impressed by the sharpness of some french-garden
butterflies photographed by then list member with the alias hr-cr, now
WillemWaterman. I hosted his pics on my site for a while. He took the shots
using one of these Panagors, and on the strength of those shots, I bought
one from Brooklyn Camera in the Big Apple. I've been pleased with it and the
fact that it will do 1:1 is very handy.

Now, courtesy Freider Faig, I have been able to compare the MTF tests of
such a lens with the Zuiko 50/3.5

http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462/OM/MTF/mtf-overview.html

It turns out, if you add up all the six MTF percentage points for each lens,
the Zuiko is just 3 percentage points ahead, 422/410, if you take 422 as a
percentage of 410.

Pity that German magazine didn't test the Zuiko 50/2 macro !!

Brian