[OM] OT Cars

Subject: [OM] OT Cars
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:14:32 EST
Jamie wrote (about the smell of a paper pulp mill):
snip
>sorta smells like a logger?

Well, I WAS gonna say, "No, more like what Jim Timpe said: an overworked
catalytic converter.  Sulfur.  Rotten eggs.  Hydrogen sulphide, dimethyl
sulphide, methyl mercaptan, sulpher oxides, and several other gases,
poisonous & carcinogenic."

I dunno about pulp mills in Idaho... maybe they use a different process the
OTHER Jim (McBride) could detail. :-)

And I WAS gonna pull your leg and say "Loggers smell good, Dude."  But then
the OTHER Jim went and told the truth: "beer & sweat."  And I would add: bar
oil, gas, 2-cycle oil, diesel, and snoose.  Still, much sweeter than ANY pulp
mill.

Rich