Re: [OM] Cameras as cars

Subject: Re: [OM] Cameras as cars
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:30:44 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
 Forget about nationalities, just look at the picture.
I would compare OM system with what SAAB used to be.  Immediately recognizable,
making a bold statement. Here in the US, the stats tell us that 900f the people
test driving one, buy it.  I am not very impressed by the BMW and
Mercedes-Benz, coz when there are couple snowflakes on the road, they are one
of the first to ditch (pun intended) and are horrible gas guzzlers.  In the
automotive world, the handling of SAAB has always been second to that of the
BMW, but extremely close.  One thing that I am not told is, that this is during
ideal conditions.  When those become slightly less than ideal, that is a
different story.
I did see the Infinity you were talking about.  It seems to me that they have
stolen some designs from other car manufacturers and have combined them in a
way that does not suggest harmony or peaceful coexistence.
Mazda?s are very underrated.  Problem is that they are not so stylish.  I owned
one at some point in my life. 83?Mazda 626 Touring with electronic suspension
and many more goodies.  Even without air conditioner (a BIG must for Missouri)
I kept it until someone hit it.  Had a hard time parting with it.

Back to Olympus content, after the discontinuation of the OM system, can we
compare the current products with lets say LADA, or may be YUGO?  By the way,
the YUGO is back to US for 2003?What is the matter with this people, OM3,4 are
prolly the best manual cameras in the world (in my humble opinion, also read:
likes metering system).  How did it get so low, is beyond my comprehension.
You see, currently Olympus is the Walmart of the camera industry.
Cheers,
Increasingly frustrated Boris
P.S.  My favorite car of all times is Renault Alpine A110