[OM] not defecting but supplementing

Subject: [OM] not defecting but supplementing
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:31:31 -0400
Well, my wife is suggesting I get a digital camera, so, I mean, you have to
keep them happy right? I have about as much OM stuff as two or three people
could sensibly use, plus I have a MF 6x6 tlr, which is about as far as I
want to go in that direction, and I have about 3 more rangefinders than I
need. The next purchase for me seems as it should either be a scanner, or a
digital camera. So I am leaning toward and thinking seriously of a basic
digital camera.
I'm just starting to look, and am thinking about the C4040 or C3040 Olympus.
I think I have the model numbers right, there are so many it is really
confusing. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with either of these? I'm
looking for something mostly for screen viewing with maybe an occasional
8x10 at most. I'm more interested in close up capability than telephoto. The
E-xx series and dslr's are way beyond my budget right now, as she seems to
be suggesting a budget of about $500, and I just wouldn't want to put more
money than that into a fast changing technology anyways..
Wayne (who thinks he has the bugbear virus beat for now at least)