Re: [OM] not defecting but supplementing

Subject: Re: [OM] not defecting but supplementing
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:03:02 -0800
A non-photographer friend (but a technolgy junky) wanted a small compact
digital P&S and the C-4040 was what I suggested. He absolutely loves it. I'm
not too fond of the user interface (I never could figure out how to shoot it
in manual mode for example--and I didn't have time to RTFM) but he loves it
and it gets great results.

Given the low price point of the "discontinued" E-10 you may be able to
score a bargain on a clean used one that some techno-junkie is dumping on
the cheap for the latest wunder-digi-brick. Yeah, the shutter will fail in
20,000 or less firings and the focus ability sucks (if you believe
everything you read on dpreview.com forums that is <g>), but hey, that's a
bargaining chip to get the price down on an exceptional tool when placed in
capable hands ;-)

So far my friend who bought a C-4040 is amazed at the results (it replaced a
very costly Leica P&S film camera he bought in Germany--which I am pretty
sure was no better than a Stylus Epic, but oh well, it's his money).

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com