Re: [OM] Re- Defection etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re- Defection etc.
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:22:39 +1100
In message <000901c2901e$41028ce0$d1ea4a42@davegael>, "Dave Dougherty" writes:

>Here is a link to a photo I made yesterday with a digital camera.  I think
>it glows pretty good. -:)

Nice shot. :-)

Yes, it definitely glows. But I put that to intrinsics of a computer
screen (doubly so for trinitron/diamondtron CRTs). :-)

But I still have my doubts about it's glow once printed B&W on an inkjet
paper. :-)

Maybe Ken could help here.

>                           Also I would say that if you are using an E-10/20
>there is no significant lag time between pressing the shutter and the shot
>being recorded.  In low light you need to take into account that it takes a
>moment for the auto focus to work.  But, if you pre focus which the camera
>will do, when you press the shutter it takes the shot instantly.

I think HCB mainly used his L.*a pre-focussed. Especially for the
puddle shot. But let's leave that for the street photo people to go over
and over again. Was it constructed? Was it a mere coincidence? Is it
true, that he didn't know what was on the film until he developed it?
Why did they guy on the photo jump? To find out, watch the next episode
of Danger Mouse.

Anyway, I'd still say that the lag of a modern digital camera will be
bigger than is the case with an film RF camera.

>                                                                  How is
>this different from manually focusing and OM with, say an 85/2 on it?  Ask
>Mike Veglia if one can take decisive moment photos.  I think he will support
>me in this.

Mike? *nudge, nudge*

Cheers,

Saso