Re: [OM] Manual focus, motor sports question

Subject: Re: [OM] Manual focus, motor sports question
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:19:32 -0500
Mike - Do your comrades at the track use the predictive auto-focus to good
results?  Are there on-track, full-speed situations that are better for AF
or MF?  Are the pictures you take with the 350/2.8 different from the ones
with an SOTA AF or IS lens?

>From my 20-yr old experience at Road Atlanta, I found that I could get
great MF pictures by pre-focusing and by panning for cars perpendicular to
me.  My old pictures are a testement to that technique.  Maybe I'll scan
some of the old ones to show the group?

Skip