Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:51:42 +0800
I was at a photolab, and someone complained about how a development was bad. They clerk said, "oh, I remember that one, we hand check all our prints, and we especially checked that. Nope, that's what's on the film." he proceeds to pull out a microscope instead of a loupe. Needless to say, my film got developed there (whenever I can afford it). That's seriously quality control.

I like companies that take pride in what they produce, we are a visual group, and the quality of the results that gets printed is a reflection on us as well as them. Good for them.

I have not seen much that is worth going past 4x6, in fact, due to costs, I'm just getting them done to CD now; not even prints. This way, I can print only the ones I really like. I've done 3 8x10's in my life, one was a group shot of my friends, and the other two, of my sister for her wedding. Mine came out better than the photographers. :-) But 4x6 weeds out 950f all the shots... So while that's not the standard (for use Zuikoheads) it does make us ask, do we REALLY want to see this photo in 8x10?

Albert

Albert