[OM] viewing film

Subject: [OM] viewing film
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:47:35 -0800
C.H. ... I guess I finally have to ask - which microscope
do you use? I've found a SZ6045 with a 0.5x auxiliary
lens lets me view nearly an entire 6x7 at about 3.3x and
with a twist of a knob zoom in with about 20x. You
mentioned you use a "DPlan" objective which I've seen
on  the front of several very different but very nice
scopes ... but I never got to touch the scopes.

I also lay the film on a small Cabin light pad. At high
magnification I see all the dirt on it and a faint uneven-ness
in the light(similar to grain). Some time in the future I
might try to support the film above the light source.
TIA
-jeff