Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT fresh lens-test tables

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT fresh lens-test tables
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:13:17 -0800
At 01:13 AM 11/23/2002 +1300, Brian Swale wrote:
Hi folks

I found some tables for lenses for one of those 'xpensive cameras with two
picture windows you look through / at instead of looking through the lens like
normal.

Big though; I don't know if they would be called a big mother or a big daddy. I
suppose it depends on your generation <g> (Apologies to those who don't
know some english language slang jokes / expressions).

Usual place. Five of them. No pics yet.

Just in time, I am renting a Mamiya 7II over the weekend to get a feel. One question though, the lines per mm is often in the 30s and sometimes even in the 20s, yet the lens are suppose to be excellent. If we look at the tests for the Zuikos, they are often at 40s and up.

Does this mean anything? Are MF lens less critical because the format is so much larger?

p.s. any recommendation for a MF print film?