Re: [OM] are 1.55 volt batteries OK for the OM-4 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] are 1.55 volt batteries OK for the OM-4 ?
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:16:17 -0800
The batteries that I bought are the 357s.  On the package it says they replace
the
LR44/MS76 etc and that it is Silver Oxide, however it doesn't say that on the
battery(that its silver oxide)
I know alkaline batteries wear out faster  so I currently have the silver oxide
MS76 on my OM 4, and they
are still running strong, partly because I am fanatical about setting the
shutter dial to B after every exposure.(!)
However my concern is the voltage difference. The package on the 357 says its a
1.55v battery while the
OM4 runs on a 3v source. So will a 3.1v power supply  as opposed to a 3v, make
a difference in shutter speeds
 and/or metering ?

Just to experiment, I spot metered an area under fixed illumination. The new
batteries (357) were showing
1/3 less exposure (higher shutter speed) than my current MS76 silver oxides.
But then that could be due to
the fact that my older batteries have been in use for over 2 months ( ~10
rolls), or , because of the higher
voltage of the new batteries. I am not sure.