Re: [OM] Backpack/case question.

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpack/case question.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 07:50:23 -0800
I am thinking that a backpack might be a good idea for my photography treks. Does anyone have any advice/opinions (damn silly question for this list) about what is available. Information that might help in giving advice is that I'm rather tall (6'4" and have a long torso) and I want to carry two bodies and at least one long lens in addition to others. Long lens meaning either a 300mm f2.8 or 400mm f4 Tamron. Are there packs that are easier/quicker to get out of than others? Which tend to be most comfortable? Thanks in advance. Bill Barber

Unless you have tons of equipment to carry I think that the type of bag with a waistbelt and shoulder strap tends to be a little more flexible in carrying. Certainly it is easier to get something in and out without having to set it down in mud, snow, dirt, sand or whatever. I have an old Galen Rowell bag and a Lowe Pro with such a system and the LP is the more comfortable with better padding in the straps and belt. Their waist belt/suspender system of bags that can attached and removed certainly looks most usable and flexible.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California