Re: [OM] Backpack/case question.

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpack/case question.
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:54:33 EST
In a message dated 11/24/2002 10:00:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
NSURIT@xxxxxxx writes:

> I am thinking that a backpack might be a good idea for my photography treks.
>  Does anyone have any advice/opinions (damn silly question for this list)
> about what is available.  Information that might help in giving advice is
> that I'm rather tall (6'4" and have a long torso) and I want to carry two
> bodies and at least one long lens in addition to others.  Long lens meaning
> either a 300mm f2.8 or 400mm f4 Tamron.  Are there packs that are
> easier/quicker to get out of than others?  Which tend to be most
> comfortable?  Thanks in advance. Bill Barber

Hi Bill,

I'm using the Lowepro Pro-Trekker.   It is the second photo-backpack I've
owned (first was a SunDog - not recommended).    I've taken this bag with me
on about 4 or 5 trips, the last one out to the south coast of Oregon loaded
with 2 OM-4's and an assortment of lenses including my Tamron 300 2.8.  No
signs of wear on the bag yet.

Overall, the bag is very rugged, and has about the strongest and most
comfortable suspension system I've found.  It is also highly adjustable, and
I would expect even someone as tall as you should be able to get a good fit.
As for size,  it holds more equipment than I have the strength to carry.

My only complaint is the two-piece lid.  Since it is not permanently attached
to either the outer lid or the bag, closing the lens compartment can
sometimes be cumbersome.

Otherwise, an excellent dedicated photo-bag.  Here is a link to a photograph
of the bag.

http://www.lowepro.com/images/PPages/Bag_pack/lrgclr/ProTrek.jpg

Regards

Greg L.