Re: [OM] Thanks

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanks
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:46:13 -0800
Anyone who pays $150 for a 135/3.5 if it isn't absolutely new in unmarked original box, is delusional. On the other hand, if you paid only $78 for an otherwise excellt condition 135/2.8, you got an very good deal even with the breech lock fault. If the seller pays for that, you've made out like a bandit. The 2.8 is generally considered to be a better performing lens than the 3.5. Gary's lens test of the MC 135.2.8 on an OM-1 clearly suffers from vibration problems or is a really bad example. The SC test on an OM-4T with mirror and diaphram prefire is more representative of this lens.While the 2.8 it small and light, the 3.5 is tiny and featherweight for a 135mm and is preferred by some for those qualities.

Moose

Don wrote:

The seller is gigisanibel. He has already answered my email to him. He offered to give me a full refund for the lens, or give me a refund based on the condition of the lens. I want to see how much it will cost to repair it before I make a final decision.

I have a Kitstar 135 mm and after looking at the Zuiko, I can see why everyone is much in love with the zuikos! I think that I am going to have it repaired and use it for a long time.

The other thing that I do not understand about the 135 mm lenses is that I have seen 135 f3.5's go for much more then the f2.8 versions. I would think that the faster lens would be more highly desired then the slower version of the same lens. I saw an auction for a 135 f3.5 go for over $150 recently while I won this one for just $78. Makes no sense to me, but I am glad to get the faster version.