[OM] OT: Apertures and budgets

Subject: [OM] OT: Apertures and budgets
From: owl_luvr <owl-luvr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:01:06 -0500
I'm considering three Oly digicams for a likely near-future purchase. I intend to 'grow into' the camera and its capabilities by learning about its many features over time. This will include shutter-priority; aperture priority; and fully-manual photography. Many reviews I've read for one of these cameras say that a shortcoming is that it overexposes on auto settings. The camera would fit my budget and has an f1.8 lens. One of the two other cameras has no mention of any overexposure issues but has only an f2.8 lens. How would one compensate for the faster lense's overexposure issue?