Re: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring?

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring?
From: "Diego Sierralta" <cachuu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:47:13 -0400

Hi, I'm from Venezuela. The gear you bring depends on where you´re going. If you´re going to stay in Caracas, I suggest you take the "light kit" someone else suggested
OM-4
24/2
50/1.4
100/2
while wandering around the city as it can get dangerous, especially if you look like you´re carrying expensive equipment. (I´ve wandered quite a bit and nothing's ever happened, though I know many people who have lost equipment)

However, in the poor rural areas (Rural, not small cities as these are just the same as Caracas) people are surprisingly nice and will probably be excited to see someone with a camera. Then again, this depends on WHERE you go I would suggest finding someone who can guide you in some way.

If you´re going to the Andes or to the Amazon, I´d probably take my good equipment, what am I going to have it for, if I´m not gonna use it? (though I did think that list was kind of long) Besides, you´re not likely to see anything similar to the amazon up north, so I´d take the chance....

p.s. if you're in Caracas, watch the news, though december will probably be a quiet month (riot-wise) anyway, let's hope so....