Re: [OM] "Hi, my name is Rob, now cases

Subject: Re: [OM] "Hi, my name is Rob, now cases
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:36:48 EST
The discussion about the 18mm Zuiko has migrated a bit to a discussion about
cases for this lens.  What follows is not an offer to sell any cases, so
please don't hound me about getting rid of any.  I have cases for most of my
lens, including the 18mm, however I seldom if ever use them.  Perhaps if I
were shipping a lens for repair, I would use it.  I have a nicely padded
Tamrac case, that holds two camera bodies, 4 unmounted lenses and depending
on the length, 2 lenses mounted on the bodies.  Although I didn't have two
bodies with me last Saturday, I did have one with a 300mm f2.8 Tamron mounted
on it.  Seems to me that if the equipment case is well padded and one is
careful, the hard case becomes a redundancy that gets in ones way.  My 2
cents worth.  Bill Barber

PS to the person who lent me a 16mm Zuiko.  Yours was in its hard case inside
the well padded camera bag.