Re: [OM] Hi, my name is Rob and I'm a Zuikoholic...

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi, my name is Rob and I'm a Zuikoholic...
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:51:51 -0500
Cc: jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx
The Tamrons are cheaper alternatives to the Zuiko, especially if you want
to play.  The Zuiko has better resolution and contrast and slightly less
fall-off.  Actually, the old, Vivitar Solid Cat's might also be a option
too.  They came in an 800/11, 600/8, and 450/4.5?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/solid_cat.shtml
http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/third/cult.html#vivitar

> --- S N I P ---
> is. I'm really starting to love things that "ruin" images in an
> interesting way without being too obvious about it. If you could get a
> Clairmont Squishy Lens for an Olympus I'd be there. ;-)
> How did the Zuiko compare to the Tamron, in your opinion?

OK, you really want to go W-I-D-E. And you want to spend less than the
$6-700 for the 18/3.5...But you want to go wider than 21mm...Yes?  You
might want to try getting a close-out Voigtlander Bessa-L and a 15/4.5
Heliar.  They Bessas or their Cosina twins can be had for ~$100 and the
15mm lens for $2-300.  (I saw the bodies for $75 a couple of months ago.)
So for less than $400, you've got a REALLY WIDE lens and a dedicated, small
body.  Search on E**y for "BESSA L".

Skip