[OM] Type R

Subject: [OM] Type R
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:25:11 -0600
"My local pro lab no longer uses traditional enlargers for custom Type-R
enlargements. "

Mike,

Get used to it. Both Kodak and Fuji have announced the end of that paper, in
2 years for one, and 3 for the other, can't remember which is which. I've
seen the results from a variety of high end production printers, and I'm
here to tell you that you will be happy. Contrast, in particular, is lots
more managable. All the R&D money is going into paper for prints from
negatives. Those of you in the lab business know that both companies are now
changing over to "digital" papers, that are optimized for use in both
traditional enlargers and digital (laser, led, and crt) printers. As I
understand it, the difference is in a wider range of acceptable exposure
times.

Bill Pearce