Re: [OM] Digital Camera fraud/false advertising

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera fraud/false advertising
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:16:13 +0800

Mike Veglia wrote:

> In a message dated 11/25/2002 Albert writes:
>
> << Hand me a loupe, and the difference is clear, regardless how good the
> printer is.
>
>  4-6 megapixels, you can't tell on a 4x6....  But 2-3, I can...easily. >>
>
> While using a loupe is not considered "normal viewing distance" for prints,
> I suppose it is valid. However, on a typical 4x6 you likely won't see any
> differences at all since almost all common 4x6 prints made today are from
> digital files regardless of the source (film or digital). In other words,
> the difference may not be as clear as you think.

Even there are hundreds of digital lab here in a small place, I still
using the traditional optical lab for my negative, I hate to see all
different films and lenses shots look the same with the digital lab.

> A Can*n D30 is a ~3 megapixel camera. I would suggest that a 4x6 from a D30
> is likely quite good. When shot with professional grade glass that D30 based
> 4x6 should be every bit as good as film.

I can surely see the different as I have tried many E10 4x6 output,
they are not as details as the shots from film and Zuiko. On the other
hand I believe a car racing shot from E10 and traditional film will
look very close but you should try a landscapes which has more details
and it is a still shot that can make most out of the film and lens.

C.H.Ling