Re: [OM] 24-200? or 28-300mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] 24-200? or 28-300mm?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:20:38 -0800
At 09:06 AM 11/27/2002 +0800, Albert wrote:
Assuming I were to get a wunderbrick with AF for traveling, what do you think would be a more convient lens if I only want to take one lens?

The Tokina 24-200mm, or Tamron's new 28-300XR? Of course that'd be for the gf, I'd use the OM.
..

As always, the answer is "What do you want to shoot?" More on the low end? If you rarely shoot beyond the 200mm, then don't get the 28-300! More is not necessarily better! There has to be some compromises made. May be the 28-300 has smaller widest aperture. May be the images are not so great on the high end. May be it's heavier or less well constructed. You ain't going to get something for nothing :-)!

OTOH, if 200-300 is her cup of tea, then by all means....