[OM] Tamron Adapter, was [OM]Hi, my name is Rob and I'm a Zuikoholic...

Subject: [OM] Tamron Adapter, was [OM]Hi, my name is Rob and I'm a Zuikoholic...
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:54:12 +0100
You only need to fill one screw hole, not four, and only for pre-'OL'
Adaptall-2 adapters. The original Adaptall (1) adapters are also OK, but
lack a DOF preview button.

Fortunately, most adapters for sale seem to be 'OL'.

Regards/Mvh.,
Roger Key

Beson Honig wrote:

If you're using an OM4 or 4T, be careful with the Tamron adaptor. In the
picture, it looks like the one that attacked my spot "thingy" and cost me
some real trouble, money, and worries. If it is one of the offensive ones,
you should fill the 4 screw holes with epoxy BEFORE attempting to mount the
lens.  Good luck with the lens, it looks like a beauty.
Benson