Re: [OM] Tamron adaptall panic

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron adaptall panic
From: George Sears <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:13:18 -0500
If I may add to what Brian said, the 3-Screw adapters are for Tamron Adaptall,
not
Adaptall II. They will work on the the Adaptall II lenses but with the absence
of DOF
preview ability.  Adaptall II adapters all have four screw holes. Most of the
Adaptall
II marked OM are the bad ones. Those marked OL are the later ones and the good
ones.

If in doubt carefully mount the Adaptall mount on the body to see if the screw
head
passes over the plastic tit.

I think,
GeoW

On 28 Nov 2002 at 12:05, Brian Swale wrote:

> Hi Robert
>
> If you look at the lens-mounting base-plate of your OM4T, at about 10
> o'clock you should see a little black plastic pimple sticking out.
>
> Press it, and it retreats back inside the mount plate. This is the
> lever to an important switch that tells the electronics a few things
> such as if there's a lens on or not. (If not, the exposure meter is
> turned off, for one.)
>
> Tamron adapter screw holes are machined so that the edges are razor-
> sharp, and cut the top off that pimple so that it doesn't work the
> switch.  But only the 4-screw Tamron adapters do this since this is
> the only version with a screw-hole situated just where it will do a
> face job on the plastic pimple. The 3-screw adapters are OK.
>
> If you have a 4-screw lens plate, do something to the dangerous screw
> hole to prevent damage. Rubber-glue in a flush piece of plastic, or
> fill the hole with epoxy, for two methods.
>
> Brian

George Sears
Savannah, GA  31406