RE: [OM] Test slides from U.S. Southwest vacation...

Subject: RE: [OM] Test slides from U.S. Southwest vacation...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:09:39 -0700
At 08:20 AM 11/28/2002 -0600, Gary Edwards wrote:
>Well done, Garth.
>
>Neat place, no?  You may remember the shot I sent you a year or so ago.  And
>the skies are almost always spectacular.  Did you get to stay for the sunset
>over the San Augustines?

Yeah, the shot you sent me made me jealous, not the least because of the
ROCKIN' COOL CHOPPER hovering in the background.

And we did stay for the sunset.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't cooperating
-- any clouds that were around during the day tended to clear off toward the
east as evening approached, making the sunsets spectacularly, er,
unspectacular, if you get my drift.  (I've been seeing much more impressive
sunsets here in Edmonton since I returned; last night's was enough to make an
atheist believe in God...).  However, the interpreter who showed us around
during the sunset did his job really well, and we chatted afterwards about some
of the similarities/differences betwixt and between New Mexico and southern
Alberta; he was particularly interested in the Cypress Hills, which is a weird
ecozone in its own right in southeastern Alberta near the borders of
Saskatchewan and Montana.

>I get to go back this spring to conduct a little business on the real job
>and I'm looking forward to shooting there again.
>
>Looking forward to seeing some of the rest from your trip when you get them
>back.

Me too.  **SIGH**  It'll be a while, I'm afraid -- we don't seem to have
one-day E-6 turnaround in this town, although there's one lab I haven't checked
out yet...

Garth