Re: [OM] ( OM) an OM orphan in a Nikon site

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) an OM orphan in a Nikon site
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:28:31 -0800
Hi folks,

Just looking,and I tripped over this out-of-place Zuiko

http://www.naturfotograf.com/casshyp.html

Brian

Further into the site it sounds like he is a clever fellow.

38 mm f/2.8 Olympus
(Macro Lens) 5
(F5)

3
(D1X)
Olympus manufactures a comprehensive range of true macro lenses, i.e. lenses that is designed for larger-than-lifesize work and thus there is no need for reversing them for macro photography. They have a built-in focusing stage making it a breeze to fine-tune focus when shooting non-stationary objects. I have made adapters to allow the 38 mm to be mounted either on my Nikon SLR's or on my large-format cameras. It produces great results even on my 4x5" camera, given that it isn't stopped down further than f/5.6-f/8. This lens is multi-coated, but strong flare still can be an issue with it.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California