Re: [OM] another film scanner question

Subject: Re: [OM] another film scanner question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:13:46 -0800
how about this scanner?  Any opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1941902635

No relation to the seller, as I'm thinking of buying it!

Ed Senior

There were better inexpensive film scanners at the time, such as the first Minolta Dimage Scan Dual. Technology changes quickly and it is old. You might want to look for a newer entry level film scanner.

Right now there is a Polaroid SprintScan 35(2700dpi) with a Buy It Now for $175. Item # 1940971019. There are some others, with BIN at $250. SCSI. Manufactured for Polaroid by Microtek. If you can judge by comments on a scanner list I subscribed to, Polaroid after market service is more responsive than Nikon's. Even used Nikon brings a premium.

There is a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual, Item # 2075156354. I had one of these and it was pretty good. It was 2400 dpi as I remember. It is SCSI.

If I had to choose between the two I would go for the Polaroid.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California