Re: [OM] Lens flaw

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens flaw
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:21:26 -0800
Yeah, I changed back and forth a few times between that and two other lenses and the aberration only pops up on shots I used that lens to take. It could very well be something on the rear element that I'm just not seeing. My eyes aren't what they were 20 years ago. Over the summer I was shooting some Super-8 and couldn't make out vignetting from the filters in the viewfinder only to get the footage back and find something that looked like it originated in the silent era. Thank goodness for overscan on TV monitors. In the final edited form it was barely noticeable.

But yeah, it really seems to be the lens and I can't see it at all in the viewfinder. Then again, it might be something I'm not going to catch until it's enlarged.

-Rob