Re: [OM] Lens cleaning (acetone a carcinogen?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cleaning (acetone a carcinogen?)
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 19:21:57 -0000
Morgan, From what I have seen the State of California has covered itself by
finding that most things CAN cause cancer  :-)   My can of "Goof off" states
Vapor harmful, harmful or fatal if swallowed....repeated and prolonged
occupational overexposure to solvents associated with permanent brain and
nervous system damage. It seems that All solvents need to be treated with
great care......When silversmithing many years ago it was the norm to to
remove pitch and acid resist from jobs in progress using benzine and bare
hands. I would not do that now. Regards,  John Duggan, Wales, UK.