[OM] Argus C-3, new to me!

Subject: [OM] Argus C-3, new to me!
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 16:45:48 -0500
I shot a test roll with a new-to-me Argus C-3.  The old girl's shutter hangs
up but it sure is fun.  I got the original instruction manual, leather case,
and perfect flash bar for $15.

Anyway, I loaded up some Fuji 1600 and smuggled it into a concert.  The
shutter kept hanging opend so I've exercised it without film since I got the
roll back and it's very consistent now.  Almost all of the frames were
ruined by the shutter hanging up at 1/50 and below but I did get one frame
worth sharing.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jlamadoo/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=At+Birdys+India
napolis+2002.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

You'll undoubtedly have to reconstruct the link.  Can anyone tell me if it
is camera motion or the crude (unsharp) optics that caused the soft-focus
effect?  It works because Margo isn't as young as she used to be and the
flowers gave me "permission" to go soft.

Anyway, the C-3 is a novelty at this point but I'll try another roll on the
tripod and continue to exercise the shutter to limber it up.  No oil on the
diaphram blades.  Fun.

Lama