RE: [OM] Saliva -- mankind's benefactor!

Subject: RE: [OM] Saliva -- mankind's benefactor!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 17:32:32 -0500

From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:01:04 -0700

>Urine is a natural astringent. Cleopatra supposedly bathed in
>urine for a skin-care treatment.

Medics once were taught (may still be) that urine can be used to
clean debris from a wound in the field if no antiseptic or clean
water is available.  Generally, it's pretty much sterile.

And I'm beginning to regret that I used as an example of
something that shouldn't be done cleaning a lens with spit and a
shirttail wipe, which seems to have started this bodily fluids
stream.

Walt