Re: [OM] Argus C-3, new to me!

Subject: Re: [OM] Argus C-3, new to me!
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 17:33:21 -0500
Jim,
 This is the camera I learned to enjoy photography on back in the early
1970's. The Cintar lenses are known to be very sharp for their day-maybe
even unflatteringly so at times. They are cheap enough that if yours
does not prove to be a consistent performer, just pick up another, they
are cheap. I have 4 or 5 kicking around in different variations that I
keep on saying I want to use to try and recapture my early youth. Maybe
it will be this next summmer. I remember taking it down to the
beach(Lake Erie), one sunnybright frozen Christmas day, and shooting a
few of the best picture, and the very best I have ever taken in my whole
life. I used the guide provided with Kodak film(100ASA?), and shot a
whole row wondering if my Dad would be willing to pay for development.
Did you get any bulbs for the flash?
 I like your shot. The composition is great. I hope Margo does not get
to see your comment "young as she used to be". Men have been severely
injured for less.:-) The soft focus that is shown here is not really a
characteristic of the lens in my experience. I'd have to scan them, but
I remember quite a few very sharp pictures taken with mine. I think it
is caused by your bad shutter, but it is still a damn nice picture.
John