[OM] A few photos from Austria

Subject: [OM] A few photos from Austria
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:15:10 +0000
Dear all,

I sent a mail about this yesterday but haven't seen it get through to the list. Apologies if the first one gets through after all.

I took a brief trip to Salzburg two weeks ago, flying with my favourite airline Ryanair for just 25 pounds. I was there for just over 24 hours but managed to take a fair number of photos, some of which I've added to my website at http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/austria

Salzburg's a wonderful place, full of beautiful buildings, narrow streets and courtyards, surrounded by forest-covered hills and mountains, small enough to explore thoroughly on foot, and full of nice restaurants and coffee houses. I highly recommend a visit for anyone on European travels.

I took the photos with an OM-1n + Tokina 28/2.8 and Zuiko 135/2.5, and they're on Fuji Sensia 100. The camera battery appeared to be dead on arrival in Salzburg, and foolishly I didn't have a spare. Couldn't find any on sale and so had to guess all my exposures. I was very pleased to find that most of them came out OK, and I'm thankful that I've got a camera that a) is fully functional without batteries and b) has taught me enough about metering over the years that I know what the exposure should be.

Any comments and critique of the photos most welcome.

Cheers,
Roger