Re: [OM] (OT) Concert photography

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Concert photography
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:01:40 -0500
Cc: "Oly List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Excellent job of writing!  Because it is so lucid, you have successfully
made a technical topic simple.

This goes in my "Smart guys" folder.  Thanks, John.  By the way, that
halation in the highlights is a very strange looking effect.  As we say in
Cincinnati, "Been there.  Done that."
Lama

PS, It's already noon in Wales but it's barely dawn here in the middle of
America.

John Gruffydd  wrote, in part:

<edited> If the lighting is off balance <edited> the
relative vertical displacement of the curves will change but, properly
exposed, they will remain straight and parallel and you can change the
enlarger filtration to yield a neutral print.  <edited>

Colour negative films are very tolerant of over exposure (even
benefitting from it) and increasing exposure in tungsten lighting will
ensure that the blue sensitive layer is properly exposed without
detriment to the green and red layers.  <edited>

 By using the film's tolerance and compensating during printing
<edited>, speed is preserved.  <edited>

Hope this helps.