RE: [OM] A question of etiquette

Subject: RE: [OM] A question of etiquette
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:22:54 +1100
> Walt Wayman [mailto:hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:

Just my opinion, but...

> Would such a note and a $5 bill be insulting?

I would this not really find it insulting, but not completely
"thoughtful" either. I'd still appreciate it though!

> How about a note and a couple of rolls of film?

To me, this would be the most favoured option. As money often
cannot compensate for the non-monetary value of the
photos, I think something that says "thoughtful", with a note,
would be most appreciated. If it was me receiving it, the
monetary value of the film would become irrelevant in comparison
to the thoughts and connection behind it.

That could be just me though.

> Maybe a note and an A&I mailer or two?

Sorry, not sure what this is. Are these "prepaid development"
envelopes?

> Should I send him my OM-3?

I will send you the two films to send on, and you can compensate
me with the OM-3. A perfectly justified response to me here would
be to email me a jpeg of the OM-3 with the note "It's the thought
that counts." <grin>

> We rustics here in the hinterland, far from the enlightenment
> of the California paradise, are just plain bass-ackwards and
> ignorant about a lot of things.  :-)

The important thing is to *not* send your cousin Elly May to
'em! ;-)

Cheers
Marc (from a long line of outcasts, "hillbillies" and inbreds ;-) )
Sydney, Oz (or, as we called it, "The Big Smoke")