Re: [OM] A question of etiquette

Subject: Re: [OM] A question of etiquette
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:54:09 -0800
I recently sent off two 36-exp. rolls of Fuji Provia to A&I.  One set of
slides came back last week.  I was wondering where the others were until
today, when an envelope arrived from a kind and considerate soul in La
Crescenta, California, with a note explaining they had been mis-sent to
him.  He took the time and made the effort, plus spending $1.11 on postage,
to send them to me.  I think he?s due more than a simple "Thanks a bunch"
note, particularly since one of these shots may be my TOPE 12 entry.

Would such a note and a $5 bill be insulting?
How about a note and a couple of rolls of film?
Maybe a note and an A&I mailer or two?  Or would he be close enough to A&I
that he would not be using mailers?  On the other hand, if not, how?d he
get my slides?
Should I send him my OM-3?

I?m just so confused now.  This isn?t covered in my copy of Miss Manners.
A little help from those of you endowed with more refined social graces and
sensibilities would be appreciated.  We rustics here in the hinterland, far
from the enlightenment of the California paradise, are just plain
bass-ackwards and ignorant about a lot of things.  :-)

Walt

Walt,

I don't think anyone is going to be concerned about being out $1.11
and if you send money it does get into other issues.  I would send
him maybe a little more than a note.  Tell him who you are, what
equipment you use and why, how long you have been shooting, what kind
of pictures you like to take, and most of all how much you appreciate
his thoughtfulness. I think it will please him that you took the time
to thank him properly. You could throw in a wallet size pic of
yourself  with a big grin to let him know whom he made happy.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California