[OM] Gloves in the darkroom

Subject: [OM] Gloves in the darkroom
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 06:30:46 +0000
I accept advice (from some weeks ago) that it is inadvisable to get
developer on your little pink skin;  I now have a box of disposable
vinyl gloves for use in the garage and in the darkroom.  But now how
do I avoid contaminating one print from another if I get one of the
chemicals on my hands?  I use a Nova Monochrome developing tank with
3 compartments and their proprietary clip system.

If someone advises me to use tweezers I shall point out that I don't
need to wear gloves if I use tweezers (the big plastic type).

I have just developed my first mono film (Fuji Neo 400) from my first
XA4.  Although I have some problems with exposure when I have not
used the +1.5 stop compensation lever with backlighting, it is a
truly delightful way to take photos.  And although I really liked
Skip's shot of the girl in the car and the tones which he has
produced, I have decided to stick with the more old-fashioned look of
Ilford FP4+ and HP5+.  The trick now is to find time to get into the
darkroom.

Chris
--
?