Re: [OM] Possible sacrilege and blasphemy

Subject: Re: [OM] Possible sacrilege and blasphemy
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:36:18 -0800
In a message dated 12/3/2002 Moose writes:

<< Welcome to the club. It is just as you say, the Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 is
an amazing performing lens, and the price (other than $ :-) ) is size and
weight. I also have 4 of the Zuikos primes in its range. They are all
certainly easier to handle and hand hold individually than the Tamron. I
don't think it's practical to use it without at least a monopod. >>

Ditto. I love mine. Doesn't get as much use now that I more often than not
use the E-10 in that focal length range now. While I find the tripod mount
handy for holding the lens to guide through pans (can't hold the hood like I
would prefer since it would disturb zoom/focus position) I must admit I have
never threaded a tripod or monopod to it since I owned it. I find it an
excellent lens and don't find it difficult to hand hold at all. (The
350/2.8, OTOH, is a beast to hand hold.)

<< It's companion, the 35-105/2.8 seems just as good to me, but that's even
greater blasphemy. At least the 80-200/2.8 doesn't compete directly with any
Zuiko zooms. >>

Good to know...

<< The other sleeper is the 60-300 (with lots o' light and/or fast film) >>

Yes, that was my one and only lens for a decade. Got some nice results and
learned a lot about racing photography with a SP 60-300.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com