Re: [OM] OT A *bay Warning

Subject: Re: [OM] OT A *bay Warning
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:03:24 -0800
on 12/3/02 6:30 PM, Doggre@xxxxxxx at Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Happy Holidays, Zuiks,
>
> It's Christmas time.  Watch out for the urge to overbid on evilBay.  Really
> want that item?  Look at those pics closely, and email the seller about any
> undisclosed information and ask serious questions.  No response, or you don't
> like the response?  Walk away.
>
> This is a good month to just watch the action.
>
> Want to read more?  Here's the Motley Fool take on evilBay:  <A
> HREF="http://www.fool.com/community/pod/2002/021203.htm?ref=foolwatch&source=E
> DNWFT">Fool.com: Ebay
> Inc. [Post of the Day] December 3, 2002</A>
>
> http://www.fool.com/community/pod/2002/021203.htm?ref=foolwatch&source=EDNWFT
>

> Rich (The voice of experience...)

Well, I may add a note of a recent experience... I noticed a listing for a
deep rear cap for the 80/4 macro lens... with a BIN of ~$14. Hmm, I could
use this and the price is low enough to just snap it up... but I wonder what
John H sells it for. Well, a quick nip over to www.zuiko.com shows that he's
got it for $12, Buy It Anytime... Same deal on the recent auction of a
tripod collar... the auction settled somewhat higher than the John H.
regular price. So, the lesson I guess is know your targets before you bid it
up... BTW John, if you want to send me something for this free advertising
either item would do nicely <g>.
--

Jim Brokaw

Actually, there's probably an order coming your way soon...