RE: [OM] High Speed Sync using Metz

Subject: RE: [OM] High Speed Sync using Metz
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:59:42 -0800
At 09:06 AM 12/4/2002 -0800, Winsor Crosby wrote:
...I read an informative article with lots of pictures some time ago that dealt with diffusers. They don't really work unless they are really large and really close like umbrellas and light boxes. The harshness is inversely dependant on the size of the light source and directly dependant on the distance. Notwithstanding all the gadgets for sale out there, unless you can bounce a lot of light off other sources like ceilings and walls you are pretty much stuck.
--

Well OK, but all I want is less harsh pictures, like the one my wife gets w/ her digi-cam :-) I mean it is embarrassing for me to tout the virtues of my OM system, while her dinky little C-3000 gets better flash pics!

re: John's Lind comment on 40 MZs
Thanks! I will take a look and search for it.