[OM] HELP ! Zuiko Lenses, reversing for Macro, and Digital ...

Subject: [OM] HELP ! Zuiko Lenses, reversing for Macro, and Digital ...
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:22:10 -0000
Hi Everyone,

Well, it's advice time again.  A good friend of mine has just acquired
himself a new Digital Camera.  Sorry to say it's not an Olympus (despite my
pushing him towards the E-20 !).  It's a N*k*n Coolp*x 5700.  On it he has
some sort of arrangement (looks like it just slides over the lens ?) to hold
any filters he wishes to attach.

Now comes the tricky part.  He has learned that Zuiko lenses are
particularly good for Macro stuff, and has expressed an interest in
obtaining a 50/1.8 and fitting it backwards onto the filter ring of this
camera.  Apparently this should work (any comments ?).

So my real question is, is this possible, will it work to any degree of
quality at all, and is there such a thing as a reversing ring like this (ie
it has the "positive" filter thread on each end of it !) ?  OK, so that's 3
questions in one - sorry !

Anyway, any help is as always appreciated.  It's his Birthday coming up very
soon, and I thought that I may be able to do something along these lines ...

Thanks,

Jon