Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !

Subject: Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:33:26 -0800

Right now I can't see very many options available to me.

1) I can pay even more and have a pro-lab do my developing / printing (most
likely for the moment).
2) I can shoot slide film (good, but I would then want a slide scanner and a
good photo printer).
3) I can go digital (yeah, like I'd dump my OM's - NEVER !!!).

So for the moment I shall be having to pay 10GBP (I think that's a little
over 15 USD) for each film I want developed and printed 6x4.

Looking to the future a little more, I have been thinking of a slide / neg
scanner for some time now.  I like the idea of scanning my pics in and being
able to display them on my PC / on the web.  Scanning prints on a flatbed
scanner just doesn't quite cut it !!  But if I am to dump prints altogether,
I would need a good quality printer to do my own photo printing.  Doesn't
this start to get a little on the expensive side ?  Not just the hardware,
but the consumables ?

-snip

After spending about six months on a film scanner list, the brand with the most queries for help, sad stories of bad support, and complaints about software incompatibility and mechanics was Nikon. Only a few Canon problems. Not many Polaroid problems. Not much noise about Minolta, but then I don't think so many were bought. I had one with no problems, but I did not like the images, but it was not one of the good ones.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California